It’s a real pain in the neck isn’t it?
At any given time about 1 in 10 people are suffering from neck pain. Are you that ‘one’?
It’s no surprise that neck pain is so common when we consider the activities of our modern lifestyle such as sitting in front of a computer, watching television for prolonged periods, driving a car, and an increasing incidence of poor posture in general – in particular, forward head posture. Other common causes of neck pain include whiplash, arthritis and sporting injuries.
Not just a ‘pain in the neck’
In addition to pain, issues with the neck can also lead to other unpleasant symptoms such as headache, shoulder pain, TMJ or jaw pain, pins and needles in the hands, carpal tunnel syndrome and upper back pain.
If you regularly experience any of the following symptoms, we encourage you to contact us to arrange a thorough assessment:
- Persistent neck ache first thing in the morning
- Neck stiffness when reversing in the car
- Clicking noise in the neck when turning
- Constant aching neck muscles
- Tingling in your hands or fingers
We can help!
Chiropractors are clinically trained to identify the cause of your neck pain. During your visit, we will utilise a range of assessments to assist in the development of a treatment plan that will improve the cause of your symptoms and lead you towards overall better health. X-rays or other tests may be recommended to provide further insight for the Chiropractor as well as to help you to understand your condition.
Chiropractic treatment for neck pain focuses on reducing pressure, restoring movement, relieving muscle tension and preventing any reoccurrence.
Our treatment is tailored specifically to you and your condition and may include:
- Spinal adjustments to restore proper movement to the neck joints
- Massage to tight neck muscles
- Neck exercises to encourage improved movement
- Postural advice on how to avoid further strain
- Heat and/or ice therapy to help manage your neck pain if necessary
- A contoured pillow to provide correct support while sleeping
If you would like to book an appointment online, please visit: