Flexion/Distraction therapy often helps when nothing else has.
How does it work?
This chiropractic technique creates a gentle traction effect on the intervertebral disc (the disc between the vertebrae) which research has shown to create the following benefits:
- Allows the nucleus inside the disc to assume its central position within the annular fibers and relieve irritations on the spinal nerve caused by swelling,
- Increases the disc height to remove tension on the annular fibers and nerves by making more room and improving circulation to the area.
- Restores vertebral joints to their normal physiological position (re-aligns the spine), improving posture and movement.
What does it do?
Our Chiropractors are all highly trained in flexion/distraction therapy and by using this technique we can decrease your pain and promote your bodys innate ability to heal.
Flexion/Distraction therapy can be effective in the treatment of the symptoms associated with:
- Degenerative arthritis
- Facet tropism
- Facet syndrome
- Transitional segment
- Discogenic spondyloarthrosis
- Disc herniation
- And many other conditions